Sunday, April 01, 2007

NOT WORTH THE PAPER THEY'RE NOT PRINTED ON

See what living in Philadelphia will do to you?*

Its opening day again, and thank God for that. I'm not sure I can deal with one more prediction. Every blog, website, radio show, and newspaper has run articles or posts or what ever predicting the outcomes that the upcoming season will reveal. I'm afraid even I am guilty of putting my 100%-guaranteed-to-be-wrong picks out there via this very site. I'm almost regretting it at this point. How many predictions can one person possibly digest? I understand predictions based on something, like PECOTA (the statistical projecting tool that Baseball Prospectus uses), and I understand that predictions are supposed to be fun... I guess the fault lies with me. In my anticipation for the season to start, I've been reading everything I can get my hands on that sounds informative, whether it is or not.

*Thanks to Jere for the screenshot above.

No comments: