Sunday, August 26, 2007

SOX SMOKE SOX. AND AGAIN. AND AGAIN...

Apologies for the lack of posts this weekend. My new wife and I are in the process of moving across the city from a house to an apartment. There is much packing and throwing away of crap to be done and that (and a pirate party Friday night) have occupied my time this weekend.

Posting may be sporadic this week and into next as the move takes over our lives. Don't fear, however. I will do my best to continue to waste hours and hours of precious time watching highlights and clips, and reading blogs and newspapers, in order that I may continue to bring you the best type of analysis and recapping of the Red Sox as I can.

Further, I have noticed the hit counter on the right of the blog rise recently, and I can only take that to mean I am doing an acceptable job here at FPE. I want to thank everyone who has stopped by here and read what I have to say. I appreciate your time and I hope you find it worthwhile to come back.

Whether you do or not, I would welcome any comments you may have regarding this blog and my coverage of my favorite baseball team.

Now back to your regularly scheduled write up.

The past three games have forced me to reach a few conclusions regarding the participating teams. Forgive me for resorting to list form:

1. The White Sox suck. This is not a good team that the Good Sox have been beating the snot out of. The cumulative score over the past three games has been 35-6, which led Ozzie Guillen to remark that he wants the last twelve hours of his life back. Ozzie Guillen: crazy quote machine.

2. The Red Sox look great. You would expect any team that has spent the last three games dominating an opponent to ‘look great.’ And so the Red Sox do. Their starting pitching is not just effective, but shut-down, and other than the back end of the bullpen, the relief corps looks rock solid as well.

3. There are no worse broadcasters than those of the White Sox. They are inarticulate homers that literally don’t understand the game beyond the knowledge base of a ten year old baseball fan. In a word, they are terrible.

AL East: As of this moment the Red Sox lead is up to 6.5 games over New York. The Yankees face the Tigers today (currently losing 5-4 in the 5th).

Today (Sunday): Julian Tavarez takes on Javier Vazquez. Game time about twenty minutes ago (2:05pm). Red Sox up 1-0 in the top of the second.

No comments: