Sunday, September 02, 2007

SOX TAKE SERIES, REGAIN DIGNITY

I've been moving across Philadelphia, coping with a death in the family, and trying to find a job, so I've been remiss in my duties here. However, I did catch the last out of Buchholz's no-no yesterday, and I did follow parts of Lester's win today. Both were sorely needed after the horrible performance the Sox put forth in Yankee Stadium last week.

But no more about that. now. Onward and upward.

The young pitching gives us all hope for the future, just as their performances in the last two games give us hope for this year. All teams run through rough patches, and we can reasonably expect that the three games the Sox played in New York don't fairly represent what this team is, no matter how upsetting those games were.

With the Yankees losing two of three to Tampa, the lead is back up to six. Now the Sox get the Blue Jays and Orioles this week, while the Yankees get Seattle and Kansas City. The Mariners have lost nine in a row now and stand two games back in the Wild Card race.

More here later. I promise. As always, thanks for reading.

No comments: