Wednesday, May 02, 2007

6-0, Baby

I could so use one of these...

Josh Beckett went 6-0 tonight as the Sox beat the A's (which they should have done last night but I digress...) and salvaged one game of the two game set. To be truthful, I didn't watch any of the game. I finished my last final exam today after studying all night for it, and then I had a two hour phone interview for a job in San Francisco. Between the two and the lack of sleep last night I didn't get a chance to catch the game.

Despite my wussing out, the Sox won, Beckett got the win, Crisp made an amazing catch, and Timlin gave up a run in the ninth, so all is right with the world.

More tomorrow, when I'm more alive.

AL East: The Yankees were rained out in Texas. The O's fell to Detroit, Toronto lost to Cleveland, and Tampa beat Minnesota. The Red Sox improve their lead on the division to 4.5 games over Toronto, 5.5 over Tampa and 6.0 over Baltimore and New York.

Tomorrow: The Sox have a make-up game with the Mariners tomorrow. Diasuke Matsuzaka goes against Horacio Ramirez. After that, the Sox start a three game series with the Twins this weekend.

No comments: